Srs of Mercy Corowa – bklet pp.1-5

1. Click on Catherine McAuley to link to Mercy Sisters’ authoritative website on Foundress. 2a. THE SERVANT OF GOD 2b. [Click on text/image to enlarge.] 2c. FOREWORD by Sr Bernadette 3. INTRODUCTION by Fr John McGrath PP 4. President’s Message – Mr Allan Whitty 5. Bishop Brennan’s Message 6.

Advertisement

Private Novena to O.L. of Perp Help

   PERSONAL NOVENA In this shorter, personal, novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help or Our Mother of Perpetual Help, we pay tribute to the Blessed Virgin Mary in asking for her assistance. This picture of the Blessed Mother with her Divine Son has proved an instrument through which she has provided strength, comfort and […]

Introduction to St Mary’s Stations of the Cross

  1920s INSTALLATION – Mid-19th CENTURY ORIGINS Unfortunately, it has not been possible to trace the names of the donors of the Stations of the Cross for St Mary’s. They were most probably installed early in the present church which was opened in November 1921. Our restorers assure us the Stations were made in Italy based […]

Balldale Majellan Group 1974 – 1994

    Photo: Monsignor Michael Lane, founding Spiritual Director [The items presented here transcribed are from the booklet Balldale Majellan Group 1974-1994. It was produced for the 20th Anniversary of the Group.]  FOREWORD by Monsignor Michael F. Lane It was very interesting, indeed exciting news, to be reminded by Mary Lavis that the Balldale Majellan Group is not just a distant memory of […]

Short History of St Mary’s

Corowa, which means “Rocky River”, is situated in southern N.S.W. on the Murray River in the original homelands of the Kwat Kwat people and the Wiradjuri nation. It was established as a town in 1859, but  the area had already seen a long history in the care of the original inhabitants. For news and views about Corowa town, check […]

1978 Parish History Ch. 13

WAHGUNYAH CATHOLICISM AND THE MASS TREE (Contributed by Mrs Eileen Brown, Wahgunyah) We should begin at Beechworth, perhaps, because in the very early days Wahgunyah was part of Beechworth parish. The late Me A E (Bert) Parry, for many years manager of the Wahgunyah flour mill until its closure in 1941, said that Wahgunyah Catholic […]