*Wed. 26th Oct at 12.30pm BALLDALE MAJELLAN GROUP meeting will be held at Rich Glen Olive Estate, 734 Murray Valley Hwy, Yarrawonga. Meet at St Mary’s Corowa carpark 11.30am. All welcome.
*Thu 27th Oct. 6pm at Oddfellows Hall Carpe Diem stars famed Aussie actor John Wood. The issues at the heart of the play – stress, grief, loss and depression – are certainly prevalent today, with concerning rates of suicide and depression affecting Australian men, particularly those in rural communities. It is an entertaining look at how friendship and proper care give a man the strength to cope and the tools to carry on… IT’S FREE!! and a Sausage Sizzle follows. Sponsors incl. our own Federation Council. More info here.
- SENSATIONAL. WELL DONE.GREAT MESSAGE
- I enjoyed the scene where John talks to the doctor and describes his feelings. Simple but detailed.
- Thank you so much. You have inspired me to see my GP tomorrow and to take more notice of what is happening to others. Thanks a million!
- Nice to see the openness done with men. Often judged as weakness in men and women too. Good to show it’s not.
- Very encouraging to attend an entertaining night with such a vital powerful message.
- Very entertaining. I can see how this play could benefit men of all ages. The sensitive issues brought to the forefront with humour.
- Eye opening. Very truthful towards serious issues.
- Very informative and gives good ideas for bringing up conversations and helps to not feel weak or a failure for needing to see a psychologist or take medications.
*29th-30th Oct. CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC RENEWAL Conf. in Mons. Jeffery Centre, St Brendan’s Shepparton. Guest speaker: Fr Otobo
*HELP FETE! Volunteers, please: sandwiches, cakes and slices for the Fete ‘High Tea’. Please drop in to school on Sunday morning. Contact: Nicole Forge: 60331241.
* Sun 30th Oct. 10am ST MARY’S SCHOOL FETE at the school. All welcome.
*Mon 31st October 9.30am Wrap with Love in St Mary’s Hall
*BLUMES LADIES’ SUMMER FASHIONS in St Mary’s Hall – hosted by CWL – Fri 4th Nov. at 10.30am. $5 entrance; Lucky Door prize and Morning Tea. All ladies welcome! Ladies, a plate, please.
COUNSELLING at St Mary’s
Wednesdays 10am Group Parenting Course
Wednesdays 2pm Anger Management at St Mary’s Presbytery rear flat. Run by Centacare and Sisters of Mercy. Ph. 0448772010.
Also available: Literacy & Numeracy courses, and Financial Planning for Families.
* Nora Kingston, 24 Alfred St ph. Wed 4.30pm
* McLean’s, 5a Lindsay St., Wed 5.30pm
* Karinya chapel – Sundays 11am
* St Mary’s Church, Sat 8.45am+ 9am Mass
Remember in Prayer
Frances Garvey, Rose McMillan, Lillian Donald, Maxine Potter, Stefan Svarc, Faye Lovie, Frank Murphy, Frank Tuck, Doris Robinson, Jenny King, Anne Kingston, Shannon Elmore
MASS INTENTIONS 22nd – 29th Oct
Sun 23rd Oct 30th Sunday of OT
9.00am Mass (For all Parishioners)
Mon 24th – Wed 26th & Fri 28th
No 9.00 a.m. Masses
11.40 Novena & 12 noon Mass
Sat 29th St John Paul II
No 9am Mass
6.30pm (Fr Paul returns from Vacation)
LITURGY ROSTER for 29th – 30th October
6.30pm O’Halloran fm
6.30pm J Lowden, J Schnelle
9.00am M Milthorpe
6.30pm K O’Halloran, M Skehan
9.00am K Roberts, P Lemmon
Altar: M Campbell
6.30pm D & E Clohessy
9.00am T Moroney
9.00am Zara Rippingale, Victoria Kreun
Counters: R Packer, I Brooks
THE JOURNEY CATHOLIC RADIO PROGRAM – AIRS 23 OCTOBER 2016
This week The Journey Catholic Radio program will continue to bring you weekly Gospel reflections, great music and wonderful inputs from the likes of Pete Gilmore in Living the Gospel, Bruce Downes The Catholic Guy and Sam Clear in Walking the Walk .Tune into LIFE 101.9 FM or 98.5 THE LIGHT Albury Wodonga Sun 11am or go to www.jcr.org.au or www.itunes.jcr.org.au where you can listen anytime and subscribe to weekly shows by email.