OCTOBER – MARRIAGE MONTH
Scripture and the Church’s history give us many examples of the great impact when a whole community undertakes prayer and fasting together.
Join us for a month of prayer and fasting to be held in parishes, schools and homes across the nation during the month of October 2016.
We hope that in this time of national conversation on the subject of marriage we can encourage all to pray for the well-being of marriages and families, and in a particular way for people who are same-sex attracted or gender questioning. We also pray for a respectful national discussion on marriage. acmfc.org.au – Australian Catholic Marriage & Family Council.
OCTOBER – MONTH OF THE ROSARY
Pray for Marriage and families
Students praying Rosary – Philippines
*ADORATION SUNDAY 2nd Oct. 10am – 1pm; Benediction at 12.45pm
*ANNUAL LEAVE Fr Paul on vacation + Ann. Retreat: 03rd October – Sat. 29th October.
* WRAP WITH LOVE Mon 3rd October 9.30am in St Mary’s Hall
* MEN’S CURSILLO Renewal Weekend Thurs 13 Oct – Sun 16 Oct. at Royal Hotel Ganmain. 6.30pm start. Cost: $140. Contact: Peter Jansen 60401130.
* RETREAT – Women & Men Fri 14 Oct 5pm – Wed 19 Oct 2pm at Galong Retreat Cent. Cost $675. Contact Sr Marg Walsh 0429171400.
* C.A.R.E. VIDEO SCREENING documentary on the CAMINO pilgrimage way in Spain. Commentator: Sir Richard Attenborough. Sun. 16th October 2.30pm at Uniting Church. Light supper to follow in the hall. All welcome.
* CWL AGM 20th Oct 2016 2pm. Afternoon tea to follow.
WEDDING BELLS & PRAYERS
Jordan Jerome Sandral
Ashleigh Jane Dine.
Married at St Michael’s Catholic Church, Mittagong,
Sunday 2nd October 2016
COUNSELLING at St Mary’s
Wednesdays 10am Group Parenting Course
Wednesdays 2pm Anger Management at St Mary’s Presbytery rear flat. Run by Centacare and Sisters of Mercy. Ph. 0448772010. Also available: Literacy & Numeracy courses, and Financial Planning for Families.
* Nora Kingston, 24 Alfred St ph. Wed 4.30pm
* McLean’s, 5a Lindsay St., Wed 5.30pm
* Karinya chapel – Sundays 11am
* St Mary’s Church, Sat 8.45am+ 9am Mass
Remember in Prayer
Frances Garvey, Rose McMillan, Lillian Donald, Maxine Potter, Stefan Svarc, Faye Lovie, Frank Murphy, Frank Tuck, Doris Robinson, Jenny King, Anne Kingston, Shannon Elmore.
MASS INTENTIONS 1st – 8th Oct
Sat 1st St Therese of Child Jesus
6.30pm (Mark Fitzgibbon, Mona Hart)
Sun 2nd Oct 27th Sunday of OT
9.00am Mass (For all Parishioners)
Mon 3rd Oct – Wednesday 5th Oct
No weekday Masses at 9am during Fr Paul’s annual leave and Retreat.
11.40 Nov. & Mass 12pm – Fr Vin Walsh
Fri 7th Our Lady of the Rosary
10am at Karinya – Fr Vin Walsh
4pm WEDDING – Kate and Shaun Munk – Fr Walsh officiating
6.30pm Mass (Wellbeing of all marriages)
LITURGY ROSTER for 8th & 9th October
6.30pm Norman Fm
6.30pm J McLean S Drum
9.00am P Lemmon
6.30pm T Drum C Salmon
9.00am K Roberts
Altar: M Campbell
6.30pm M Skehan
9.00am C Sandral
9.00am L McKenzie C Batang
Collection: T Moroney
Counters: A & M Campbell
THE JOURNEY CATHOLIC RADIO PROGRAM
AIRS 2 OCTOBER 2016
This week on The Journey, we’re excited to bring you another interview from the Proclaim Conference with Phil Jones who is a member of “SJ around the Bay” a social justice group from the Broken Bay Diocese. Phil and his group are passionate about eradicating poverty, social justice and caring for creation. To listen to this very inspiring and thought provoking interview tune into LIFE 101.9 FM or 98.5 THE LIGHT Albury Wodonga Sun 11am or go to www.jcr.org.au or www.itunes.jcr.org.au where you can listen anytime and subscribe to weekly shows by email.